Presenting the Winners of the 2021 Digital Publishing Awards
The National Media Awards Foundation revealed the winners of the 2021 Digital Publishing Awards in a virtual ceremony hosted by Erica Lenti and live-streamed on our website (you can watch the broadcast here). Gold winners in creator-focused categories received a $500 cash prize, in addition to their award.
If you are a Gold winner, please contact us with your mailing address in order to receive your cash prize and certificate. Certificates for Silver winners and Honourable Mention are available upon request.
Winners and finalists can also celebrate their achievement by downloading Gold, Silver or Finalist’s seals here.
- CBC News is a three-time silver winner in the categories of Best Digital Editorial Package, Best Social Storytelling, and Best Virtual Event.
- The Globe and Mail has received five Gold medals and five Silver medals in total, and The Globe and Mail’s “Gone” project has won Gold twice, for Innovation in Digital Storytelling and Best Digital Design.
- The Local has won two Gold medals—including General Excellence in Digital Publishing (Small)—and two Silver medals.
- The Narwhal has earned two Gold medals—including the prestigious award for General Excellence in Digital Publishing (Medium)—and one Silver medal.
- The National Film Board of Canada is a two-time Silver winner, in Best Online Video: Feature and Innovation in Digital Storytelling.
- Radio-Canada is the winner of three Gold medals—including one for General Excellence in Digital Publishing (Large)—and two Silver medals.
- The Tyee received two Gold medals, including the Emerging Excellence award for Christopher Cheung.
Click here to see the full list of winners.
The National Media Awards Foundation is incredibly grateful for the support of: the Government of Canada, the Ontario Arts Council and Ontario Creates. We are also thankful for the support of CCR Solutions, and Cision.
A special thank you to the talented Natalie Vineberg, who created this year’s visuals.
We are also grateful to our roster of volunteer judges, who lent us their expertise and diligence in evaluating this year’s entries — thank you! To view the full roster of judges, please visit our website.