Notable changes for 2021 include:
- New judging criteria for the creator-awarded categories. For details, refer to the Judging Process, which details specific criteria for each category.
- The Best Podcast category has been sub-divided into Best Podcast: Current Affairs and Best Podcast: Arts, Culture and Society.
- We have introduced a cross-programming initiative. For the categories listed below, entries will be accepted through all three of the National Media Awards Foundation’s programs (Digital Publishing Awards, National Magazine Awards, and National Magazine Awards: B2B). All entries will be evaluated by a single panel of judges, and winners will be announced across all three programs. Categories include:
- Best Editorial Newsletter
- Best Podcast: Current Affairs
- Best Podcast: Arts, Culture and Society
- Best Online Video: Short
- Best Online Video: Feature
- Best Online Video: Mini-Doc
- Best Arts & Culture Storytelling
- Best Science & Technology Storytelling
Please visit the Categories and Submission Requirements page to view the DPA’s full category line-up for 2022.