The National Media Awards Foundation is now welcoming applications for judges for the Digital Publishing Awards, National Magazine Awards, and National Magazine Awards: B2B.
Ideal candidates should fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- Internationally renowned journalist, editor, designer or other expert with an interest in supporting the NMAF fulfill its mission;
- Editor, art director, publisher, web editor or other staff member (past or present) of a Canadian magazine, whether or not your publication participates in the National Magazine Awards, Digital Publishing Awards, or National Magazine Awards: B2B;
- Freelance or staff writer, illustrator, photographer or digital creator, where a significant portion of your work is in Canadian publications (especially if you have been nominated for or won a National Magazine Award, Digital Publishing Award, or National Magazine Award: B2B yourself);
- Journalist (print, broadcast, digital) with expertise in a particular field represented by one or more NMA, DPA, or NMA: B2B categories (such as photojournalism, service, arts & culture, fiction, poetry, etc);
- Academic or industry leader with expertise in a particular field;
- Professionals and leaders from related cultural sectors, including the visual arts (film and television), the literary arts (book writing & publishing) and the performing arts (theatre, music);
- Bilingual: Not all of our judges need be bilingual, but all awards juries will have at least one bilingual member.
We welcome applications from individuals who bring different industry perspectives – from recognized leaders to celebrated emerging talents. We also aim for the judging panels to reflect our country’s diverse Indigenous, cultural, and regional communities.
Judging will take place during February and March 2021. For more information, or to nominate a peer to the jury, contact us at email@example.com
Applicants, please include in your email: a short biography of yourself, a headshot, your preferred category (if any), what languages you are comfortable judging in (English, French or both), your contact information, and whether or not you are currently on the masthead of a publication.