The NMAF is excited to announce the Call for Entries for the 2018 Digital Publishing Awards, honouring excellence by Canada’s digital publishers and creators in 24 awards categories. Submissions are now being accepted at digitalpublishingawards.ca and the deadline is February 2nd, 2018.
Submissions are open to Canadian digital publishers and content creators whose work appeared in them during 2017. Eligible publications—including those that support established brands in magazine, newspaper, broadcast, B2B and other journalism, as well as those that serve their audiences exclusively as digital brands—is one with a permanent editorial staff in Canada and published in either English or French or a combination of both.
Awards for individual creators include a cash prize of $500. The Digital Publishing Awards continues to offer a Small Publisher’s Rebate and the Freelancer Support Fund.
Following two successful award years, the Digital Publishing Awards continue to expand its program under the guidance of our Advisory Committee—including Jean-Philippe Cipriani, Jude Isabella, Matt Frehner, and Kenny Yum—feedback from participants and judges, and the NMAF Board of Directors. Changes include:
- The top overall prize—General Excellence in Digital Publishing—will be presented in three divisions, for small, medium and large publications.
- One of the Best News Coverage categories will be exclusively open to small publications.
- The awards for Best Service Feature, rewarding excellence in service journalism, have been revised to include the following three categories:
- Careers and Personal Finances; and
- Family and Health.
- The Best Podcast category has been expanded and renamed Best Podcast and Audio Storytelling to include audio stories.
- Three new categories have been added to the program:
- Best Science and Technology Story; and
- Best Photo Storytelling.
Rules & Judging
For a complete guide to eligible publications and content, please see the DPA Rules.
For a complete description of judging procedures, please see the DPA Judging Process.
Submissions & Deadline
Submissions can be made online at digitalpublishingawards.ca.
The entry fee for most awards is $100 at the Early-Bird rate (by January 19).
The final deadline for all entries is February 2, 2018.
The deadline to nominate someone for the Emerging Excellence Award or the Digital Publishing Leadership Award is March 1, 2018.
For sponsorship inquiries, please contact Barbara Gould, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-939-6200.